Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Panic

I've been having a really hard time lately. Like I said before, I've been sick since a few days before school started, and never have figured out why. The walk-in clinic doc had me get some bloodwork done, but still no answers. I AM feeling better, in that I am actually eating real food again, and I only get dizzy every now and then. Also, I've had a horrible lump in my throat off and on (like nasty excessive mucus, and I know that was TMI :P).

What has been hard is the panic attacks. I've NEVER had a panic attack before in my life until I got sick. I've had 5 or 6 since a few days after I got sick (so, about a month ago, I think). What's more, they aren't short attacks. They last for several hours. I can feel them coming on as I get more and more panicked. They happen mostly at night, to the point where I don't want to go to bed or wind things down at night, because I'm afraid I'll have one. Thankfully, I have an appointment with a therapist from the anxiety clinic at my school, so hopefully that will help. I just don't know what to do about them, having no history to fall back on. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment